The City of Jacksonville Beach (CITY) is seeking proposals from qualified respondents, for the collection, disposal of solid waste and recycling services throughout the city.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) defines the service standards, specifications and proposal requirements of the comprehensive solid waste, yard waste, and recycling collection and disposal program for residents and businesses within the city limits of the City of Jacksonville Beach. The goals of the CITY are to:
• Provide excellent, proactive customer service at all times to include timely collection of solid waste and recycling, responsive communication on customer concerns, speedy resolution to customer concerns, at a fair and reasonable price.
• Provide a comprehensive solid waste and recycling collection program.
• Reduce solid waste disposal tonnage by maximizing the fullest recovery possible of recyclable materials from the CITY’s residential and commercial customers.
• Improve public education of all CITY residents and customers about recycling services, so as to increase participation and recovery rates.
• Reduce tons of yard waste collected by providing educational information.
The proposer shall be responsible for being familiar with local conditions that may affect cost, permitting, progress, performance or services described in this RFP, including inspection of the CITY’s boundaries, streets and commercial/office property locations. The proposer shall be responsible for considering all federal, state and local laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that may affect costs, permitting, progress, performance or services.
The CITY’s objective is to select proven service methods that apply commercially demonstrated and environmentally sound collection techniques.
Award shall be made to the respondent whose proposal is deemed to be most advantageous to the CITY.