The City of Jacksonville Beach is pleased to present the proposed budget and business plan for the 2023 fiscal year. Click here to access the complete proposed budget, making it easy to review pertinent sections prior to budget workshops and adoption. The proposed budget has been prepared using an unchanged millage rate of 3.9947 per $1,000 of assessed taxable value, 18.93% lower than the statewide average of 4.9275.
Budget Highlights Include:
- The City’s total proposed budget is $223,454,407. The budget is $44,396,053 or 24.8% higher than the current year.
- The General Fund’s proposed budget is $26,657,072. Property taxes represent 55.5% of General Fund revenues. 51.3% of the General Fund’s total budget is used to pay for police and fire services.
- Using the planned 2023 millage rates, a homeowner in Jacksonville Beach with an assessed median value of $269,234 (and a homestead exemption of $50,000) can expect to pay $4,139 in property taxes. Of that amount, $876 (or $73 per month) will be paid to the City of Jacksonville Beach.
- The total millage levied by all taxing authorities in the County continues to decline. In 2018, the total millage was 18.7271. The proposed total millage for the 2023 budget year is 18.2132. Therefore, the overall tax rate to our citizens continues to be reduced.
- Total assessed value increased by $527,222,752 or 12.41%, which includes new construction of $76,074,391.
Proposed Budget Meeting Schedule
|Date & Time||Topic/Deparment Reviewed||Meeting Location|
|Friday, July 29, 2022, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Budget Showcase Financial Condition Report||City Council Chambers|
|Monday, August 1, 2022, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Executive & Legislative, Finance, Human Resources, Information Services||City Council Training Room|
|Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.||Police Department||City Council Training Room|
|Monday, August 8, 2022, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.||Public Works, Planning & Development, Redevelopment||City Council Training Room|
|Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.||Beaches Energy Services, Parks & Recreation||City Council Training Room|
Tentative Dates for Budget Adoption:
- First Reading: Wednesday, September 7, City Hall, 5:45 p.m.
- Second Reading: Monday, September 19, City Hall, 5:30 p.m.
These dates may change, subject to the dates chosen by the School Board and the County.