The Records Section of the Jacksonville Beach Police Department handles payments for municipal citations, fingerprinting services, and all requests for records of occurrences within the City of Jacksonville Beach.
This office is committed to upholding the standards of Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) and ensuring full compliance with Florida State Statute 119 which governs the release of records.
Records personnel provide local Jacksonville Beach background checks, copies of traffic crash reports and offense reports, accept payments for animal and parking citations, and provide fingerprinting services for concealed weapons permits only.
Request for Records
Public Records Request Form (DOC)
Records requests may be made:
- In person at the Police Station during normal operating hours
- The Public Records Request Form can be mailed along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, and payment to Attention Records Department, 101 Penman Rd South Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250.
- Emailing the Public Records Request Form to email@example.com
- Faxing the Public Records Request Form to 904-270-1660
Only cash, checks, or money orders are accepted for payment at this time. Payment will be needed prior to fulfilling the records request.
Florida State Statute 119 mandates that certain fees may apply. Records are usually not available for immediate release, and, therefore, requests for records may take up to seven business days to process.
* Local Criminal History/Background checks are available through the Records Section for the general public. These checks are for the City of Jacksonville Beach only and do not include information from other cities, counties, or states.
Schedule of Fees & Services
|Records Search (Local Criminal History/Background) (Statewide searches are provided by FDLE.)|
Local Criminal History/Background checks are available through the Records Section for the general public. These checks are for the City of Jacksonville Beach only and do not include information from other cities, counties, or states.
|$5 Per Name|
|Traffic Crash, Offense, or Other Report (Traffic Crash Reports older than 2 years must be obtained from the DHSMV.)||$0.15 - Single Page|
$0.20 - Two-Sided Page
$1 - Photograph
$2.15 - 911 Audio Recording
|Fingerprinting - Concealed Weapons Permits Only||$10.05 Per Submittal (Cash Only)|
Animal and Pet Violations (Additional fines and fees may apply.)
|Fines Based on Violation|
|Pet Impound (Additional boarding fees apply.)||$20 - 1st Offense|
$30 - 2nd Offense
$50 - 3rd Offense
|Boarding Under Quarantine (Additional fees apply after 10 days.)||$100|
|Parking Violations (Additional fees apply after 10 days.)||Fines Based on Violation|
Traffic Citations must be paid to the address listed on the citation.
Contact the Duval County Clerk of Court for more information.
Fingerprinting is done for Concealed Weapons Permits only. The cost is $10.05 (cash only) for each Livescan fingerprinting submittal.