The Planning Division is responsible for preparing the 2030 Comprehensive Plan Elements & Maps, the City's blueprint for future development, administration of the Land Development Code including zoning, site plans, and subdivision regulations.
- 2030 Comprehensive Plan Elements and Maps (1.75 MB, Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher)
- Evaluation & Appraisal Report, Updated Pending
- Duval County 2020 Local Mitigation Strategy
- Duval County LMS - Jacksonville Beach Current Progress Report
Staff provides administrative services for the Jacksonville Beach Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment and oversees redevelopment activities within Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) tax-increment districts.
The Planning Division is responsible for the administration of the zoning regulations for the City, the Jacksonville Beach Land Development Code (LDC). Staff provides both technical and professional assistance to the public and to other City departments relative to a range of zoning and development issues.
Services and assistance provided include:
- Zoning Verification Letters
- Zoning Interpretations
- Development Plan Review
- Land Development Code Text Amendments
- Rezoning Applications
- Conditional Use Applications
- Variance Applications
- Temporary Premises Extension Permit Requests
- Zoning approval of alcoholic beverage license applications
- Preparation and Presentation of Staff reports at Public Meetings
- Re-build letters
- FDEP Coastal Construction - Zoning Compliance letters
- Subdivision platting
- Tree Protection and Landscaping Reviews
- Local Business Tax Receipt and Home Occupation License reviews
The Planning Division responsibilities related to Floodplain Management consist primarily of providing assistance to customers in meeting the regulations of the Land Development Code and the National Flood Insurance Program. This office is also responsible for the maintaining the City's certification with the Community Rating System (CRS) program of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). CRS is a voluntary program which, based on various activities performed, determines a flood insurance premium discount from 5 percent to 40 percent, for those property owners in Jacksonville Beach who are required to carry supplemental flood insurance.
The following information may be obtained from this office:
- Copies of Elevation Certificates*
- Flood Map Determinations*/sites/default/files/documents/Plan_Dev/Coastal_Resiliency/flood_information_flyer.pdf
- Copies of Flood Insurance Rate Maps
- Requirements for Construction in a Special Flood Hazard Area (Ref. LDC)
- Substantial Damage Determinations
- Flood Map Information and Flood Protection Assistance
*Please allow 7-10 business days to review your request for information.
Land Development Code
The Land Development Code (LDC) was adopted to implement the City's Comprehensive Plan. The purpose of the LDC is to establish comprehensive and consistent standards, definitions, and review procedures to enforce and regulate the development of land in the City of Jacksonville Beach. The LDC contains information about definitions, site development standards (parking and loading, signage, site clearing and landscaping, etc.), supplemental standards (fences, home occupations, outdoor restaurants and bars, etc.), and zoning districts regulations, etc. Free, online access to up-to-date local ordinances adopted by the City of Jacksonville Beach is hosted by the Municode Library.
Duval County Property Search (Note: Zoning Codes listed on this website are prefaced by the letter “J”; i.e. JC-1 = C-1)
City of Jacksonville Beach Zoning PDF Map - Zoom in on the file to read details on the map.
Short-term vacation rentals are privately owned dwelling units that are rented to guests more than three times in a calendar year for periods of less than 30 days or one calendar month.
Request a short-term vacation rental unit property compliance inspection request online.
Access variance and conditional use information.
Development Permit Planning and Zoning Fees and Forms