Electronic Permit Application Submittals
Prepare to COAST into E-Permitting Services
To help streamline the application process and decrease the number of visits an applicant needs to make, all applications for immediate release (aka over-the-counter) permits, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and roofing, shall be submitted via email to PERMITS@JAXBCHFL.NET. In accordance with FL Statute 553.79 (1)(b) and FBC 105.3, required documents, attachments, blueprints, and drawings that are larger than legal size paper should be submitted in the non-electronic (physical) format in person, mail or by courier.
However certain blueprints, drawings, site plans, specifications, surveys and/or applicable plan check fees required to complete the review process must be submitted in non-electronic (physical) format either in person, postal mail, and/or other delivery services. At this time, payments are accepted in the form of cash, check or money order only. Checks should be made payable to "City of Jacksonville Beach".
The following immediate-release (aka over-the-counter) application procedures will be take effect on Friday, April 1, 2022
- Completed applications should be emailed to the Building Inspection Division in portable document format (PDF) only. Maximum file size is 10 MB. NOTE:Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Street Address, Application Type, and Master Permit Type should be included in the subject line, i.e.
- 1234 Main Street/Electrical Permit Application/Master Permit #83-1983
- 5678 Main Street/Electrical Permit Application/No Master Permit
- The applicant must wait until the permit approval/issuance notice is e-mailed to pick up the permit card at the Planning & Development Department office using normal business hours (8am to 4:30pm). The Contractor's Name and Permit Number must be provided.
- All applications, regardless of submittal method (in-person or e-mail) will be processed in the order in which they are received. No immediate release of permits will occur.