Local Business Tax
A Local Business Tax is levied on any person who maintains a permanent business or branch office within the City for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within the city limits of Jacksonville Beach. If you have more than one location or provide more than one service you will be required to pay the tax for each location and/or service. Additionally, some businesses will be required to pay the tax for each state-licensed professional working under their business name or at their business location. See Section 15-2 Local Business Tax Receipt for more information.
Required Information & Documents
Required information and documents to submit with your completed local business tax form:
- Name, address and phone number of business
- SSN or FEIN required per FL Statutes Chapter 205
- FL Department of Professional Regulation (FL DBPR) Professional License, Certificate, or Registration, if applicable
- FL Division of Corporations documents, if applicable
- Name, home address, phone number, and photo ID of owner/applicant of business
- Local Business Tax is payable by cash or check to City of Jacksonville Beach.
Home-based occupations are required to obtain a Local Business Tax Receipt. Review Code of Ordinances, LDC 34-399 - Home Occupations for more information.
Duval County Business Tax
After your Jacksonville Beach local business tax receipt is issued, you will need to obtain a Duval County tax receipt at the Duval County Tax Collector's Office in Jacksonville, Florida. The office is located at 231 East Forsyth Street, Jacksonville, Florida. The Tax Collector "One Call" Center phone number is 904-255-5700. A Branch Office for the Beaches is located at 1505 Atlantic Boulevard, in Neptune Beach, Florida.